It started raining right on time this year, and I’m left feeling a little like I don’t know where exactly summer went. This wedding season has been an amazing but intense one for me (it’s was my first one doing events full time… this weekend will be my 12th wedding in the past 10 consecutive weekends) and I’ve fallen behind in other areas, like keeping up this blog. Some things I’ve seen around the internet that I loved over the past while:
- This piece on “What the Happiest and Most Successful Women Do Differently” has been making its way around the internet for a while, but it’s brilliant. If you haven’t read it yet, do it now. “The women who could answer positively to the questions above had, on some level, simply decided that they were going to be happy. They made that choice.” Yes, yes, yes.
- Name Changing, APW community style. It’s a great and important conversation.
- Roxy & Dave’s (of the food-truck catered park wedding) photos are up on Erika Jackson’s blog – and they’re gorgeous.
- We Are the 99 Percent. Powerful.
- making glitter! in photoshop
- Lots of great advice in desktop wallpaper form.
- I want this star projector. Also – potential wedding fun, no?
- glow stick lanterns! definitely potential wedding (and, well, general) fun.
I’m looking forward to having a little more time to read, work on personal projects, and see my friends as we go into the off season (although, the truth is that it won’t really be very “off” as I’m already working on a ton of weddings for 2012!) And, as always, I’m going to be working on trying to find something to enjoy about colder, wetter, weather, which is always a big effort for me (because if I was the queen of the universe, every day would be 75°F and sunny.)