It’s summer! Which is both my favorite time of year (I start waiting for it to roll around again the second it ends every year) and my busiest time of year. I have so many good weddings coming up in the next five months that I can’t wait. In the meantime, some miscellany:
- loved this: 27 ways to be an (even) better person & practically levitate with awesomery. (via Emilia)
- Why the f*ck do I need a Wedding Planner? read my answer over on East Side Bride.
- wondering what’s going on with the growth of my business these days? I wrote about it over on A Practical Wedding last month.
- And speaking of APW, the entire DIY series I did with them has been published, you can see some outtake photos here, as well as links to all of the projects (bouquets! centerpieces! veils! and more.)
- My friend Terrence Brewer‘s new band Citizen Rythm released their new CD this week and it’s excellent – as was the release show at Yoshi’s (always one of my favorite clubs.)
- I’m kind of in love with the wedding dress from these photos that Christy posted yesterday
- I’ll do my own post on it soon, but Allison put up photos from Sophie & Ouma’s wedding in May this morning, and they’re gorgeous.
- A client sent me this talk by Jonah Lehrer on Creativity and it’s very worth listening to.
- digging these “All’s Well” Earrings from Erica Weiss. We may be happy yet indeed.
photos: from my Instagram feed, just a few of my favorite things about summer: baseball, layer cake eaten outdoors, homemade pasta, cherries, neon nailpolish too bright to photograph, pony farms